Advanced Phonics Program
- Advanced K5 (AK5)
- Advanced First Grade (A1st)
- Second Grade (2nd)
- Older students needing a stronger phonics base
Note: Phonics Level C is our advanced program for teaching high quality phonics and reading skills to (1) students who have already completed Phonics Level B:2 or (2) older students who have accomplished Level B:2’s skills but need more thorough instruction to become a proficient reader (see Part 206 for a “Skills Covered” list for Level B:2).
Description of Phonics Workbook C:2:
After teaching a daily lesson in Phonics Lessons for Flashcards 67-93: Level C:2 (Part 209), use the Phonics Workbook Instructions/Answer Key: Level C:2 (Part 210AK) to help your student complete related Phonics Workbook C:2 (Part 210) pages.
The first day’s C:2 workbook assignment covers:
- PHONICS EXERCISE: After the student reads the verse(s), the teacher presents a spiritual application plus phonics directions.
- SPELLING LESSON: Each lesson contains ten spelling words. After the teacher presents applicable rules and exceptions, the student should look up unknown words in a dictionary and use each in a sentence.
The second day’s C:2 workbook assignment covers:
- VOCABULARY DEVELOPMENT: Spelling words represent homographs, homonyms, synonyms, rhyming words, opposites, root words, or interesting puzzles. At the bottom of each Vocabulary page is also a Grammar Exercise.
- PENMANSHIP/SPELLING PRE-TEST: Cursive penmanship is introduced at Level C:2. After penmanship tracing practices, any spelling rules and exceptions should be reviewed prior to the Spelling Pre-Test. Misspelled words should be written correctly five times each. At the end of the school week, re-test the missed words list.
Spending two days on each C:2 and C:3 lesson plus related workbook pages should complete this advanced program within a typical school year, or shortly thereafter. However, some families prefer taking a little longer. In that case, simply teach at whatever pace best fits your student’s God-given abilities.
Note to Phonics Edition 1 Users: The current Phonics Workbook C:2 is compatible with the original C:2 Phonics Lessons and Instructions/Answer Key.
There are no reviews yet.