Preparation for Level C
- Level B:2 students
- Older students who need additional spelling skills
Description of Spelling & Vocabulary Workbook B:2:
This workbook's 53 spelling and vocabulary lessons follow the introductory order of Phonics Lessons for Flashcards 32-66: Level B:2 (Part 206).
SPELLING LESSONS: There are 10 spelling words per lesson which contain the current phonetic sound, review words, and even some high frequency words from Word Drill Charts 1-7 in the Phonics Master Guide (Part 200) . Applicable rules are included.
VOCABULARY DEVELOPMENT: All of the spelling lessons are reinforced through vocabulary exercises which help develop the following skills:
- Homographs, Homonyms, and Synonyms
- Rhyming Words
- Words with Opposite Meanings
- Root Words
- Meanings of Spelling Words
- Changing Letters to Form New Words
- Interesting Word Puzzles
Note: The Spelling and Vocabulary Workbook: Level B:2 and its full-sized Answer Key (Part 208AK) are included in Phonics Kit B (Part 002) and Phonics Add-On Kit B (002AO).
- Recommended: After finishing Phonics Workbook: Level B:2 (Part 207), have your student complete the Spelling and Vocabulary Workbook prior to starting Phonics Lessons for Flashcards 67-93: Level C:2 (Part 209).
- Advanced Students: If a challenge is needed, in addition to the regular assignment in Phonics Workbook B:2, have your student also do any spelling and vocabulary pages which correspond with each daily phonics lesson. To keep pace with the teaching sequence of Phonics Lessons for Flashcards 32-66: Level B:2 (Part 206), START with SPELLING LESSON 11.
Note: At Level C (Flashcards 67-118), the spelling and vocabulary exercises are in Phonics Workbook C:2 (Part 210) and C:3 (Part 212).