Advanced Phonics Program
- Advanced K5 (AK5)
- First Grade (1st)
- Beginning Second Grade (B2nd)
- Older students needing a stronger phonics base
Note: Phonics Level C is our advanced program for teaching high quality phonics and reading skills to (1) students who have already completed our Phonics Level B:2 or (2) older students who have accomplished Level B:2's skills but need more thorough instruction to become a proficient reader (see Part 206 for a "Skills Covered" list for Level B:2). If you do not have Flashcards 67-118, we also recommend purchasing them using the Option Box below since they are used in this Phonics Kit.
Skills Covered at Phonics Level C:
Phonics Level C:2:
- Two-Syllable Root Words
- Compound Words
- Adding Suffixes -es, -ed, -ing
- Syllabication Patterns & Accent Rules
- Vowel Digraphs (two vowels with a single speech sound)
- Modified Vowels (ar, er, ir, or, ur)
- Diphthongs (ou, ow, oi, oy)
Phonics Level C:3
- Open/Closed Syllables
- Vowel Variants
- Consonant Variants
- Silent Letters
- Common Prefixes/Suffixes
- Homonyms, Antonyms, Analogies (word puzzles), Homographs
- Reading Multi-Syllable Words
- Advanced Spelling
- Dictionary Skills
- Grammar (common/proper nouns, pronouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, prepositions, conjunctions, interjections, contractions)
- Writing Exercises (simple sentences)
- Diagramming Simple Sentences (to identify the "who," "doing," and "what" of sentences to increase reading comprehension)
- Cursive Penmanship
Note: The GRAMMAR EXERCISE in the Phonics Lessons for Cards 32-66 (Part 206) introduced the first three parts of speech. The five remaining parts of speech plus basic writing skills are introduced in the Phonics Lessons for Cards 67-93 and 94-118 (Levels C:2 and C:3).
Phonics Kit C includes the following:
Teacher Materials: Click any part number below to link to more information about that product.
- Christ-Centered Phonics Lessons for Flashcards 67-93: Level C:2 (Part 209).
- Christ-Centered Phonics Workbook Instructions & Answer Key: Level C:2 (Part 210AK)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Lessons for Flashcards 94-118: Level C:3 (Part 211).
- Christ-Centered Phonics Workbook Instructions & Answer Key: Level C:3 (Part 212AK)
Student Materials: Click on the first two part numbers below for more information about those products.
- Christ-Centered Phonics Workbook: Level C:2 (Part 210)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Workbook: Level C:3 (Part 212)
- Reader: The Flood: God Saves Me (Part 356)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Drill Reader (Part 357)
Teaching the Phonics Level C:2 and C:3 lessons for two days each, their related workbook pages, plus supplemental readers should thoroughly develop your student’s advanced decoding, spelling, and grammar/writing skills within a typical school year, or shortly thereafter. However, some parents may prefer to take longer, which is fine. Just teach in sequence at whatever rate best fits your child's God-given capabilities.
Please choose the options you want for your purchase.
Choose How You Want to Purchase:
Choose Your Phonics Teaching Aid: